[time-nuts] Datum 102500-001 rubidium standard

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 22:31:34 UTC 2020

I just did a quick look-see.
Looks like Datum is a manufacturer
102500-001 is a part numberLPRO is a model
As far as I know, LPRO and LPRO-101 are the same unit.  The exact same design went through several ownership.
I have a few of those.  What's nice about it is EFC (electronic frequency control), aka fine tuning by external potentiometer spans very narrow frequence range.  It makes very nice to make precise adjustment.  Anything beyond that, there is an internal adjustment.  I have one that has an access hole on cover, I have another there isn't a hole but adjustment is inside.
More than likely, you won't need to touch those.
For first time, lock could take like 10 minutes.  That time gets shorter as you use them and eventually, 2 minutes or so for locking.

If it was sitting unused for a while, before making any adjustment, attach it to a reasonable sized heat sink and run for a month or more.  Frequency will drift back to spec in this period.  Please do not start adjusting too soon, as these internal pots have limited number of time you can adjust.  (not made for excessive use)
By the way, you got it for free?  Lucky you!
(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
KB4EMF / ex JF2DKG