[time-nuts] Frequency division by 81

Gilles Clement clemgill at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 11:58:05 UTC 2020

Hi
I need to divide the output of an OCXO by a factor D=81 for testing purposes. So with minimum added phase noise.
PICDIV-like approches would not work (D needs to be divisible by 8 or at least be even)
I went through the archives and it seems that an Injection Locked Frequency Divider with resynchronization flip-flop could be a simple and acceptable solution.
As described in the following Wenzel paper: Unusual Frequency Dividerswww.wenzel.com › uploads › dividers <https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwik49qGpIvqAhURahQKHTBVClAQFjABegQIARAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wenzel.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fdividers.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2m-9lURROiSbG9XykiDNDU>
Does this make sense?
Gilles.