[time-nuts] WWVB teensy BPSK early experiments

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 01:50:37 UTC 2020

John thats exactly what Chris did. Its the teensywwvb.ino. It decodes the
AM timecode just as the DCF code does. In fact Chris's code is derived from
the DCF code with the changes you are asking about and it works. Download
his solution and read the comments throughout. The original DCF comments
are in it also.

Its the starting point for the tinkering I am doing towards a BPSK SDR.
Thats a big leap for me.
What the code gives you is the frontend gain, followed by a bandpass
filter. Multiplier that mixes the LO and incoming signal to a lowpass
filter. Then on to AM detection and AGC.

If you don't care to install the arduino IDE with teensy extension just use
notepad ++ to look at the code. Pretty exciting.

Regards
Paul
WB8TSL