[time-nuts] PM6681 PROMs v109

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Fri Nov 13 21:01:21 UTC 2020

I have a Fluke PM6681 Counter

On the ko4bb site there is an image of the counter's v1.05 PROMs.

I just pulled the v1.09 PROMs from my counter and read out the contents.

I have placed the result here:
http://www.xertech.net/pm6681/Fluke_PM6681_Counter_PROM_v109.zip

Anyone interested, please download. If you see any issues or improvement
suggestions, please let me know.  If all is well in a few days I'll look
into uploading this to ko4bb.

---- Back story below ----
I have been following and participating in the thread "Frequency Counter
Choice".

There has been a long discussion about the PM6681/Cnt-81 counter, mostly
about saving and restoring one calibration parameter that gets lost if
the internal backup battery dies. A method was described, but currently
seems unresolved if the restore method works as hoped.

This promped me to open my PM6681 and ensure the battery was good.
Having done that, I knew about the v1.05 PROM image but had never seen a
v1.09 image. I decided to unplug the AC power and carefully remove the
two v1.09 PROMs from my counter. I read out their contents with a
reader/programmer tool I have. I returned the PROMs to my counter,
applied AC, and the counter seems to be working fine.

The link provided above is my sharing of the results of this exercise.