[time-nuts] Flicker Noise Reduction

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Nov 19 00:59:08 UTC 2020

I suspect that, whatever this is, only applies to 1/f mechanisms
specific to THz, based on the last sentence.  One of my
former clients did a PhD at Stanford on 1/f noise and
his dissertation certainly had no magic bullets to
mitigate 1/f noise.

There is some frequency, which I am fairly sure is less
than a THz, above such that the usual equations for so-called
Johnson noise no longer apply.  FWIW.

I don't blame you for not wanting to invest $15 or whatever it
is only to see it and be disappointed.  Are you sure the
author(s) hasn't published a version of it on his own web page?

I am guessing that this might be a reinvented transposed gain
oscillator (TGO) used for the LO, where the LO is the original
source of the noise.

Rick N6RK