[time-nuts] Flicker Noise Reduction

ed breya eb at telight.com
Thu Nov 19 20:27:29 UTC 2020

That's pretty slick. I think I see what's going on in there. It reminds
me somewhat of optical chopping, but in this case, it looks like it's
not about the 1/f LF/DC offsets adding to the amplitude, rather their
effect on gain that's important. It seems to me that if the the gains
are predictably correlated with the 1/f noise in the stages, then
another approach may be to look at the actual 1/f noise (of the bias
levels, not the THz signal) of the amplifier stages, and process it to
provide continuous gain compensation, without a sampling system.

Ed