[time-nuts] OSA Oscilloquartz model 8612 #OCXO

db2gm at darc.de db2gm at darc.de
Thu Nov 19 21:45:41 UTC 2020

Hello Tom

Thank you for your quick answer. Yes it is surprising than I can find quite
a number of old datasheets from OSA oscillators but nothing about a (612 or
may be a 861X series.

Yes you are right that will be a next step that I will initiate some
measurements on the 5MHz oscillator and then I will send these also to you
so that we can discuss about the results measured.

My measurement set-up will be  HP53132A counter in frequency counting mode
with Prologix GPIB converter and a HPZ3801 GPSDO providing the reference for
the frequency counter.

Is this the best approach or should I measure phase change or time
difference with the HP53132A?

Vy 73 de Michael DB2GM