[time-nuts] EOL Motorola Oncore Remote Antenna

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Nov 30 07:18:56 UTC 2020

--------

> It's obvious from the photo that the O-Ring seal failed its purpose over its many years of
> service. Has the unit totally failed or does the electronic portion still function?

No, the electronics is stone dead.

To me it looks more like water ingress through micro-cracks in the
plastic-dome, and the O-ring did its job and kept that water in.

The microcracks are uniform and seem to follow the molding flow,
and that is probably to be expected in our climate:  We have a lot
of humid freeze-thaw cycles.

I wonder if buffing the radomes with car-wax would help ?

> I said lucky because I found some GSynQ parts here in an engineering storage cabinet that we
>  can send to you at no charge to revive your unit.

Thanks for the offer, but dont bother: I had a spare on hand, and
I may still have third one lying around somewhere.