[time-nuts] EOL Motorola Oncore Remote Antenna

Art Sepin art at synergy-gps.com
Mon Nov 30 21:22:59 UTC 2020

> To me it looks more like water ingress through micro-cracks in the
>  plastic-dome, and the O-ring did its job and kept that water in.

Interesting. That's the first we've heard about micro-cracks in the Radome but that's certainly a likely possibility with such a long exposure to U/V. The more common failure mode reported was moisture ingress due to "breathing;" the uptake of moisture laden air past the O-Ring, due to a small pressure differential. But, once the moisture was inside, it was also trapped internally by the O-Ring. This condition was reported more often in geographic areas that experienced a wide variation in barometric pressures.

Art