[time-nuts] EOL Motorola Oncore Remote Antenna

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Nov 30 22:24:49 UTC 2020

--------
Lester Veenstra writes:

> This brings up a point I have made frequently, in my professional life.
> Do not try to seal in electronics (for me , satellite units mounted near or
> on the feed system) instead warm the area with electronics and place a weep
> hole at the low point.

How to protect sensitive kit against the elements depends on the
climate, what works in one climate will be disastrous in another.

The weep holes you mention are no-go in certain costal climates, because
they reliably breathe salt-mist in, everytime a low-pressure leaves
the area.

The only thing which is guaranteed to work globally is "helium-tight".

Anything else needs to be judged against the climate in question, including
what kind of aerosols and particulate the wind might bring.