[time-nuts] FS: Spectracom 8161 "Standard Frequency Receiver - Oscillator" for WWVB (and question...)

Kirk Bailey bailey at peak.org
Sun Oct 4 21:24:51 UTC 2020

Magnus,

    Thanks for the manual pointer!  A quick scan doesn't offer me much
insight to what the mod might be for (likely have to open it up as you
suggest).  The basic unit gives you the option of phase-locking the
internal standard osc to WWVB with an output at .1, 1, 5, or 10 MHz , and
you can compare either the internal or an external oscillator to WWVB and
chart the results over a variable time period.

    Given the time-nuts mailing list audience my guess is that in practice
it would likely be used with an external reference source to monitor WWVB
deviations, instead of the other way around...

    It was fun to see the effect of the "sun flares" noise on the sample
chart recordings in the manual!

Kirk Bailey
bailey at peak.org