[time-nuts] Spectracom 8161 "Standard Frequency Receiver - Oscillator" for WWVB (and question...)

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 17:55:04 UTC 2020

Burt
I like it the "thumpers". The really annoying chart recorders I tend to
disconnect. Imagine 2-3! I use a software recorder these days. Quite and
consumes 10 X the power but no actual paper. Can't find that anymore at a
price you might care to pay for.
My other favorite box is the Gertch RLF. Not sure why it caught my eye on
the floor at a hamfest but it did and what a bargain with a nice xtal
filter. Have to love the RTL logic.
We recently republished the details on the new improved dpskr here on
time-nuts June approx. Do a search. It does make those old boxes work again
without any internal mods. It also handles the fast and slow code.
As Bob says you can get interesting accuracy over several days as the
papers say even with the propagation.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL