[time-nuts] Experiment in lowering the TAPR TICC noise floor

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Oct 6 19:24:07 UTC 2020

That's very interesting, Matthias!  The lower noise floor intuitively
and the sqrt(2) improvement comes to mind, except that would apply only
if the two measurements were uncorrelated.  Here, you have a common 10
MHz reference, so there's correlation.

But... the high-speed ring counters inside the two TDC7200 chips are
free-running and independent, so when looking at picoseconds, maybe the
non-correlation requirement is met, at least to some extent.

John
----