[time-nuts] David Allan amusing notes on ADEV, MDEV, TDEV etc.

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Oct 7 13:00:18 UTC 2020

FYI: The main interview (about 50 pages) with David Allan is a really
good read:

https://ethw.org/Oral-History:David_W._Allan

The set of 5 PDF addenda (~2 pages each) to the main interview are:

"Technical Background on the Fundamental Noise Problem"
https://ethw.org/w/images/e/e5/Allan_OH_-_FundamentalNoiseProblem.pdf

"The Development of MVAR and TVAR"
https://ethw.org/w/images/5/5f/Allan_OH_-_MVAR_TVAR_and_OptimumPrediction.pdf

"Perspectives on the Development of Commercial Cesium Beam Clocks"
https://ethw.org/w/images/0/02/Allan_OH_-_CommercialCesiumClockDevelopment.pdf

"Dave's Story on how GPS helped NASA/JPL synchronize their Deep Space
Network tracking stations"
https://ethw.org/w/images/a/ac/Allan_OH_-_GPSandtheDeepSpaceNetwork.pdf

"Sound of Music Experience in Italy (1969)"
https://ethw.org/w/images/b/b3/Allan_OH_-_MoreTravelStories.pdf

In general, the Engineering and Technology History Wiki (ETHW) is a
fantastic historical resource.

https://ethw.org/Main_Page

/tvb