[time-nuts] WWVB Dephaser Question

rcbuck at atcelectronics.com rcbuck at atcelectronics.com
Thu Oct 8 18:07:32 UTC 2020

I have read several different articles where the WWVB phase shift is
eliminated by doubling the signal to 120 kHz. Several members of the
list have built these units.

Assume I build a circuit to double the incoming signal and use a schmitt
trigger to get a 120 kHz square wave.  If I then divide that signal back
down to 60 kHz will that signal be strong enough to swamp out the WWVB
signal? I'm guessing it will be since it is at the 5 volt level and
somewhere in the +25 dBm or greater range.

Ray,
AB7HE