[time-nuts] IEEE 1588 PTP support on raspberry pi 4 compute module

John De Witt jhdewitt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 20:49:21 UTC 2020

First post, please be patient with me. Reading the list for a handful of years and grateful to the community.

Am interested in low cost GNSS time source to keep clocks during internet outage.

Just read that compute module raspberry pi 4 supports IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol.

Exciting to me ~25usd base for microsecond or better performance over network.

Anyone planning on using this? Ethernet is handled by BCM54210 which states in data sheet: “IEEE 1588v2 compliant – One-step or two-step clock – On-chip timestamping”

Thinking of pairing it with ZED-F9P with PPS would be fun to have PTP GPS stratum 1 on LAN for cheap. Ok enough rambling thank you have a nice day.