[time-nuts] Frequency Counter Choice

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Thu Oct 22 14:55:44 UTC 2020

Hi,

Small correction, 5371A and 5370A are different beasts. The 5370A has 20
ps resolution and the 5371A has 200 ps resolution. So, the 5371A is
about the same performance as the 53132A at 150 ps resolution. I work
with 5372A which is essentially a 5371A with hardware histogram and a
few other things.

I have both 5370A and 5371A.

The 5371A and 5372A actually can do linear regression processing for
frequency estimation, a historic note that predates this capability of
the Philips/Fluke/Pendulum counters to the best of my knowledge.

PS. I also have a 5370C, which is a flat-bed scanner from HP.

Cheers,
Magnus