[time-nuts] 5065A Rb Cavity RX - Varactor repair?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Oct 22 15:09:20 UTC 2020

Hi

The device in the cavity that takes the 60 MHz up to 6.x GHz is a
step recovery diode ( SRD ). The actual device used (apparently)
was unique to the 5065.

One proposed “fix” is to eliminate the whole synth / multiply empire
and replace it with a very high resolution DDS generating the 6.x GHz.
My guess is that will turn out to be a lot of work ….

Bob