[time-nuts] "When you google word ..."

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Oct 30 19:16:41 UTC 2020

Azelio,

Right, OCXO are not stable enough at the desired tau to do a blueshift
experiment. So that's why atomic (and now, optical) clocks are used. But
note that many experimental confirmations of general relativity, from
planets to black holes, do not involve clocks, per se. See, for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound%E2%80%93Rebka_experiment

Here's a historical summary of GR experiments from a Physics textbook:

https://www.relativity.li/uploads/pdf/English/I_en.pdf

Another good list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_general_relativity

And Clifford Will's classic: