[time-nuts] Quartzlock E10-MRX

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Sep 2 03:07:30 UTC 2020

Hi

The one thing you don’t want to do is play with insulation. There are two ovens in a
normal Rb. Their temperatures are close to each other. It will not work if the temperatures
are equal ( = there are reasons for the delta).

Since the two ovens are right up against each other, there is non-trivial heat transfer between
them. The “colder” oven needs a certain amount of heat loss to stay inside a reasonable control
range. Insulation would mess this up ….

Bob