[time-nuts] OCXO retrace, how long is reasonable?

Matthias Welwarsky time-nuts at welwarsky.de
Fri Sep 4 06:50:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

I mentioned in a previous email that I seem to have picked a particularly bad
(broken?) OCXO for GPSDO testing. It drifts at a very high rate, from the DAC
graph I calculate it is around -4e-4 Hz/hour. It's been on for about 1 week
now and the drift doesn't seem to come down, or maybe just marginally.

Of course, this being a surplus OCXO with unknown history, odd startup
behavior is somewhat expected but so far I haven't seen anything this drastic.

Could this be OCXO retrace? How long can that phase last? I'm trying to decide
if I should give it another week or just scrap it and move on.

Regards,
Matthias