[time-nuts] LPRO 101 heat sink question

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Sep 10 14:45:47 UTC 2020

Hi

Unless the pad is damaged, it makes a fine “gap filler” to attach the device
to a heatsink. You don’t get thermal compound all over everything when using
the pads ….

Given the (large) surface area and the amount of heat involved, the relative
performance of silver loaded (gray) thermal compound and the pads is not that
big a deal.

Bob