[time-nuts] Thunderbolt E failing

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Sep 16 04:30:58 UTC 2020

phk at phk.freebsd.dk said:
> I later talked to a geologist who knows the Danish underground well, and he
> estimated I would have needed to drill to at least 25m depth to escape
> seasonal temperature-changes and cited a research paper from the 1950'ies
> where the did precisely that experiment.

I found a paper showing skin depth at 1 year of 3-4 meters for soil, a bit
over 1 meter for ice and rock.

Does a pipe in the ground stay dry?  Or how do you keep in dry?  In summer,
I'd expect it to be cool and if the humidity in the outside air is above X% it
would condense in the pipe.  Do you just cover the top to avoid air mixing?
Does in need a desiccant?  ...

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.