[time-nuts] Oscilloquartz BVA has been sold. Thank you all who expressed an interest.

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Sep 24 21:47:26 UTC 2020

 > Next time I power down mine is to integrate a new supply and back-up

May I recommend PowerPole connectors and frequent use of diode-OR. For
details see:

http://leapsecond.com/pages/powerpole/diode-or.htm

I got the inspiration when my Dad was in the hospital and I saw how they
did IV tubes with multiple injection points. It seemed so simple,
clever, reliable. Details [1] and graphic photo [2].

So now I use diode-OR "Y" connectors on all my long-term standards. It
allows me to replace either power supply live without interruption at
any time. Come to think of it, they call it an IV in the hospital. And
here in my lab the I is about 0.18 and V is 24 so my IV is 4 watts. ;-)

/tvb

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intravenous_therapy
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ICU_IV_1.jpg