[time-nuts] Oscilloquartz BVA has been sold. Thank you all who expressed an interest.

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Fri Sep 25 15:55:43 UTC 2020

Pondering the backup power issues for my BVA a bit more,  I am thinking a dedicated DC battery bank (maybe 5 or 6 nominal 6 volt batteries in series) powering a suitable linear regulator circuit is probably the direction I will go in.  I suspect there are more elegant and or simpler approaches but I think from my perspective as a hobbyist this is probably the best direction for me.

I like the idea of using a diode arrangement to facilitate changing the power source for the BVA.   I expect I will also add some form of over voltage protection as well.

I need to ponder the likely voltage drops in the voltage regulator and diodes along with the voltages the batteries will provide as they discharge under load.

It seems I have another winter project.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Mark Spencer
mark at alignedsolutions.com