[time-nuts] New member, new old 4040A with PSU failure

Patrick Tanner tannerpa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 19:10:01 UTC 2020

Hi folks.

I'm new to the board, my name is Patrick. I'm a career RF/systems engineer.
Greetings all around!

I just made a couple of 'good' handyman special buys on the worlds largest
auction. I got a PRS10 that needed a new SA612A mixer that I got working,
so, happy about that. Thanks to KO4BB for having the schematics.

I also picked up a FTS4040A, apparently with a failed PSU. Its labelled
'high voltage' , but the dinky 24? 26? Ga output leads (red/black 3x
ganged) don't led me to believe that there' s 2.2kV here. Can any one shed
some light on what this PSUs output is? I'm hoping that I can either fix or
replace it and find a diamond here.

Thanks for your help.