[time-nuts] Oscilloquartz BVA has been sold. Thank you all who expressed an interest.

Bill Notfaded notfaded1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 03:53:03 UTC 2020

Good evening TGIF!

You've all given me some great ideas.  I'm a computer scientist so tell me
what's wrong with this?

Can't I just use a high quality APC backup power system like we use to
power racks of gear in our Telco and compute closets?  A good one runs the
full AC load the rack runs on.  I've had maybe one or two short power
outages in the last year and half at this house.  The worst was less than a
couple hours.  Wouldn't it be good to put the few linear power supplies I
want to keep on connected to the UPS.  If I lost the counters or the DMM or
really even the computers it's not that big of a deal isn't it the
oscillators and OCXO's and their power supplies that really need to stay
on?  If I reduce the must have to them isn't it really all I need?  I can
restart the monitoring and computers.  Ok so maybe I might get a small gap
in data but the key is keeping the power supplies that drive the
oscillators and their ovens running right?

Thanks,

Bill