[time-nuts] Oscilloquartz BVA has been sold. Thank you all who expressed an interest.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Sep 26 07:33:22 UTC 2020

>> Can't I just use a high quality APC backup power system
>> like we use to power racks of gear in our Telco and compute closets?

> Very few UPS's are good at long-run applications, they are typically built to
> run a heavy load for minutes, not a tiny load for hours or even days on end.

That matches my expectations, but somebody might expect their telco gear to
stay up longer than the few minutes it takes to cleanly shut down a computer.

Is there a branch of UPS gear aimed at telco rather than computers?  That is
good efficiency at low power and long time rather than high power for short
time.

Does all telco gear that is expected to run off UPS take 48V?

Is there a market in small 48V supplies with UPS option for the telco market?
You would have to build a 48V to 24V converter rather than the whole thing.
You can probably get a brick for that.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.