[time-nuts] What do people use for measuring temperature?

Jeremy Nichols jn6wfo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 17:53:47 UTC 2020

I checked my 3456A with a Beckman resistance standard box. A 5000 Ohm
resistor is measured as 25.02 degrees Celsius, which is good considering
neither the 3456A or the Beckman have been calibrated in ages.

I have 10 of the Ametherm ACC-003s on order from DigiKey. When they show up
(and if we survive the Shady Fire) I’ll report how they do.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 3:48 AM Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> > Answered my own question: Ametherm ACC-003 from Tim Hughes’ 2-02-2019
> post to
>
> > the HPAK Equipment group (thanks, Tim!).
>

> Thanks.
>

> I poked around a bit.  Ametherm's data sheet shows that they make them in
>
> various resistances and also various accuracies.  003 and friends are 5K.
>
>   ACC-003 is 0.2C  $3.19 at Mouser
>
>   ACC-013 is 0,5C
>
>   ACC-023 is 1.0C
>
>   ACC-103 is 0.1C  $3.00 at Mouser