[time-nuts] Help needed with frequency standard

Luiz Alberto Saba las at intercat.com.br
Tue Sep 29 15:02:32 UTC 2020

Hi guys

I want a stable & reliable frequency standard.

I do NOT have a cesium beam.

I DO have a lot of gpsdos and some rubidiums.

Since I have one PRS-10 and this device has a 1 pps input, you already
know what I'm thinking...

What I have:

Trimble Thunderbolt

Trimble UCCM

Symmetricom UCCM

Samsung UCCM

HP 58503A

TruePosition

Oscilloquartz Star 4+

and a little board with a ublox LEA 5T and 1 pps output.

Which device is more suitable for disciplining the PRS-10?

My gps antenna setup is:

Symmetricom 58532A on the top of the water tank of my building with a
very good sky view.

A Raven Industries LA-21-1575-100-T. About 50 m of RG6.

A Symmetricom antenna distributor (don't remember the code but is the 4
outputs one)

By the way... Someone knows the delay of the inline amplifier and the
antenna distributor? (for Lady Heather)

Mark Sims is out there reading this list? I'm having problems with LH
6.14 and the UCCM units.

Any help you can give me will be welcomed.

Thanks

Luiz Alberto Saba

from Santos - São Paulo - Brazil