[time-nuts] Re: OCXO McCoy Electronics OSC92-51B

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Apr 13 22:58:15 UTC 2021

Hi

Since this is a part that Ovenaire made for HP, probably the best way to
work out what’s what is to find the equipment that it went into. Best guess
is that would be an item that shows up in the 1985 ~ 2005 HP catalogs.

( = OSC92 is an Ovenaire part number that was carried on after McCoy
folded Ovenaire into the “empire”). That makes it a > 25 year old spec.

Rough guess at the specs:

5x10^-8 over 0 to 70C
-150 dbc/Hz at 10 KHz offset
10 dbm +/- 3 db
10W power at turn on.

With the fine adjust it may or may not have an EFC. There are enough pins for
it to have one.

Pinout looking at it with the SMA “up” and numbering from left to right:

1) V- / return / ground
2) Case
3) B+
4) ???