[time-nuts] Re: OCXO McCoy Electronics OSC92-51B

DM dgminala at mediacombb.net
Wed Apr 14 00:51:18 UTC 2021

On a hunch, I searched for the other part number on the nameplate (0960-0477) in one of the military stock reseller's database and found that the only end item that this oscillator was used in was the AN/FPS-115 PAVE PAWS (Precision Acquisition Vehicle Entry - Phased Array Warning System) radar system, developed in the 1980s for the US Navy. I searched for any technical information on this system and came up empty. Maybe someone else can do better than I did.
The national stock number for the oscillator is 5955-01-086-8122, and is described as a NON-CRYSTAL Controlled oscillator!!

Good luck in your search,

DaveM