[time-nuts] Re: 20210423: Introduction and Request for Spirent GSS4200 User Manual / Help

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 16:14:22 UTC 2021

Andrew
Welcome to time-nuts. I really appreciate your detailed write up. I have
seriously considered a used gps emulator a few times. Really don't need
complex solutions. Its more for recovering and working on quite old GPS
receivers and down converters like Austron 2201s. 1990s stuff.
Whats great about the writeup is at least for this unit I can see the
requirements for operation that are far more complex then I would have
expected. I seem to recall there was a series of GPS emulators on ebay that
were priced about right for a hobbyist to consider.
Now at least if some unit shows up I will know what to look out for. Other
wise its a expensive box.
Thanks
Paul
WB8TSL