[time-nuts] GR 1115-C free to good home

Skip Withrow skip.withrow at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 19:56:24 UTC 2021

Hello Time-Nuts,

I am giving away a General Radio 1115-C 5Mhz Standard Frequency
Oscillator for a friend.  All I ask is the cost of shipping, or it can
be picked up in Denver, CO.

Unit comes with a manual (you can view it on KO4BB.com or BAMA boat
anchor site), one GR874 to BNC adapter, MIL accessory connector for
24V and EFC input, and IEC power cord.

Crystal is a Bliley BG61A-5 (AT cut).  Oscillator uses a copper oven
inside glass dewar, all foamed-in-place in an aluminum box that plugs
into the main chassis.  I have verified that the oven is on
temperature (76.4C indicated on xtal).  The oscillator was way low and
I changed a couple of caps to bring it back in range.  The dead NiMH
backup battery has been removed.  The power connector has been changed
to an IEC type.

After about 5 weeks the drift is 5.5x10E-10/day and still falling.
So, it does not currently meet the 1115-C spec, but does come close to
the 1115-B spec (but who knows how long this unit has been in
storage).

Good beginner unit.  There is external EFC control, so could be used
to build a GPSDO.  Unit is 3U rack mount and weighs about 32 pounds.

If interested please contact me off line at the above address.

Thanks,
Skip Withrow