[time-nuts] Re: Testing a GPS mag mount antenna

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 16:13:23 UTC 2021

I love Dan's idea, with one caveat.  The transmission through a
powered-down LNA
is an unknown, probably even to the manufacturer.  Thus comparing output
signal
levels with power on or off is pretty meaningless.

But his test with power on should be a great way to get some clue that the
antenna
is working, and is clearly simpler to perform than what I was suggesting
yesterday.

Dana