[time-nuts] Re: Testing a GPS mag mount antenna

Daniel Schultz n8fgv at usa.net
Sat Aug 21 14:49:10 UTC 2021

> Should I be able to "see something" on or around the GPS frequency other
> than what I suspect will be something visual looking like a noise/pulse
> source/signal?

You could try sweeping a harmonic from a signal generator across the antenna
passband, this would be visible on the spectrum analyzer and might give you an
idea if the preamp is amplifying or attenuating the signal. Try it with the
preamp power on and off. If your signal generator does not generate sufficient
harmonics at L band you can feed the signal into an overdriven MMIC
amplifier.

Dan Schultz N8FGV