[time-nuts] Re: General Radio 1105-A Frequency Measuring Equipment, parts wanted.

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 14:22:45 UTC 2021

Stijn
A very nice picture of the complete system.
I assume your in the Netherlands. I actually have seen various components
in a basement in NJ. At least I am pretty sure thats what I had seen.
But that also means shipping would be very costly.

With respect to the oscillator I agree with Bob return it to the original
state if possible.
These days finding the types of parts that are used in the system are
becoming more difficult. 1/2 watt and larger resistors that can handle the
various voltages. At least with tubes while hamfests still existed they
actually didn't seem that hard to come by. I picked up numbers of NOS tubes
for WWII radios without any issue. They worked well.
Would be great to see the system working again. Then you can hook up a GPS
system to it and make the worlds most heavy GPSDO.
Good luck.
Paul
WB8TSL