[time-nuts] Re: Leviton VTP24 Is this Time Accurate enough?

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Fri Aug 27 13:25:06 UTC 2021

On 8/27/21 3:30 AM, Dana Whitlow wrote:
> If my watch were that bad, I'd toss it out and go shopping for a new one.
> I wonder if Leviton offers a version with an external ref input.
>
> Dana

When your requirement is "turn the lights on and off with the sun" 5
min/year is pretty good.

OTOH, Perhaps there's an aftermarket for a modified version. Maybe
you've got a niche business opportunity there, Dana.

"Now, with improved accuracy!

Ovenized for better performance!

30 millsecond error in one year!
"

You might need to gradually change the frequency you feed it, though,
because I'll bet their sunrise/sunset algorithm doesn't implement the
equation of time. But if you're doing milliseconds, you'll need it.