[time-nuts] Query about List and about 10 MHz Distro

AC0XU (Jim) James.Schatzman at ac0xu.com
Sat Aug 28 16:51:21 UTC 2021

I am hoping that you can help me about a couple of things:

1) My time-nuts summaries sometimes appear unformatted and unreadable. All the text from all the postings is crammed together without spacing. How can I fix it?

2) I want to distribute 10 MHz references by fiber. There are RF-over-Fiber products available, but too expensive for me (thousands of $$$ per xmit/rcv set).  I am thinking that it should be possible to use fiber Ethernet components to do this. I don't mean IEEE 1588 but a much simpler, no-computer-required, solution. Possibly just converting sine wave (coax) to square wave (fiber) to sine wave (coax). I am looking for a low cost solution. Any thoughts or recommendations??

Thanks!

Jim