[time-nuts] Re: Query about List and about 10 MHz Distro

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Sun Aug 29 00:52:06 UTC 2021

On 8/28/21 4:57 PM, Dana Whitlow wrote:
> Bob, my own motivation  for going to fiber was entirely different.  I
> simply wanted to
> run 10 MHz all over the place from reference sources in disparate
> locations in the
> house, and I quickly discovered that cable leakage was embarrassingly
> severe.  So
> I shut down and began contemplating a fiber link.  But then reality set in
> and I realized
> that running fiber across the house had its own big problems, so I set the
> project aside.
>
> Dana

just thinking out loud here.. there's a bucket load of cheap "media
converters" around from fiber to twisted pair ethernet or RS422 -
including older 10 and 100 base T.  I wonder if they'd be repurposeable
for 10 MHz distribution.

or video over fiber widgets - used a lot for cameras and such. There's
been some discussion on the list about using video distribution amps for
10MHz.