[time-nuts] Re: HP 5065A, no 2nd harmonic.

Jared Cabot jaredcabot at protonmail.com
Thu Dec 2 08:16:30 UTC 2021

Well, yay...

I put the OCXO back in the 5065A, and got a good 2nd Harmonic reading. So I started going through the alignment procedures and somehow I now have no 2nd harmonic again, and I can't get it back...

I'm starting to lose interest in this thing, seeing as I have the Leo Bodnar GPS standard anyway that I don't have to sit for hours twiddling dials and poking things just to get it maybe sort of working.

I might give this one more chance before I sell it off to someone with a little more patience, or who prefers fixing gear instead of actually using it. I think I've had this thing working for all of a couple days in the months I've owned it, whereas the GPS standard is the size of a pack of cards and has never failed in the same time.

Jared.