[time-nuts] Re: Mating connector for Ball M-100 rubidium

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Thu Dec 2 12:48:27 UTC 2021

Ball Efratom M-100 Rubidium Oscillator
Operation and Maintenance Manual
http://www.to-way.com/tf/m100.pdf
The Manual will provide additional details for this M-100,
such as rectangular and SMA connectors (10 MHz output).

The M-100 was designed and built for the US military (DoD) by the Efratom division of Ball.  M38748/8-D is Winchester Interconnect rectangular rack/panel connector (Military Part Number: M28748/8-D00F1A)
https://www.winconn.com/win_product/m28748-8-d00f1a/

Vishay-Dale is another manufacturer of the M28748/7/8 rectangular connector.
Data sheet from Mouser (July 2017), with part number cross-reference.
https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/427/mc28748-279989.pdf

In the 21st century, “M24308” is the common Rectangular connector used by Military and this older connector (used by M-100) is marked EOL by some manufacturers.
==
“Winchester” is Winchester Interconnect, a manufacturer of a variety of connectors for electronics industry and military, based in Norwalk, Connecticut.
https://www.winconn.com/
Winchester Interconnect has a large number of commercial and military distributors, including Mouser, Digi-Key, Allied, Newark, Future, Master, Anixter, etc.
https://www.winconn.com/distributors/

Since multiple manufacturers supplied this M28748/8-D00F1A mating connector,
you MAY find different situations by connector manufacturers (End of Life, “high prices”, Build to Order, or minimum quantity).

Searching (scrounging) thru various military surplus dealers (and eBay) may reveal reasonable pricing for time-nut hobbyist.

greg
chicago
===