[time-nuts] 5065A - A15 (PSU)

Ulf Kylenfall ulf_r_k at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 16:15:03 UTC 2021

Since the A15 regulator board is mentioned...

I recently decided to try to improve the Voltage Regulator board A15in order to use a better voltage reference than CR5 (9V) and alsosee if I could reduce the drift and noise of the Magnetic Field winding.
After some experimenting, I am reasonable satisfied.

The board has been completely redesigned.

The drift and noise of the +20V is reduced. Thermal driftcompared to the original design from the MagField
circuitry is also reduced significally.

Modern thru-hole components are used facilitating manual assembly.
A total of 10 PCB's have been ordered (Double side, solder masksilk screen, plated holes etc.) but I did not opt for over-nightdelivery, so it will be another couple of weeks for them to arrive.
I will assemble a board for myself and, unless covid makes itimpossible, take the 5065A to my former employer and evaluatethe performance using standards available.
If it performs well, the design will be placed into "public domain".
Best Regards
Ulf KylenfallSM6GXV