[time-nuts] Clock displays -- eye response

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Fri Dec 10 20:09:14 UTC 2021

Does anybody have numbers for how long it takes for a visual signal to get
into your brain?

I think it's around 250 ms for a human to push a button when a light goes on.
Less if the penalty for false pushes is low.  I don't have a handy URL to back
that up.

But that's in and back out.  I assume the "in" step is only part of that.

Are flashes out of the corner of your eye that might indicate danger faster?

If 2 lights go on at close to the same time, how far apart do they have to be
before you can notice that one goes on first?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.