[time-nuts] Re: Clock displays -- eye response

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Fri Dec 10 20:31:08 UTC 2021

Hi Hal:

There has been some recent research into illusions related to sight and sound.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McGurk_effect - related to speech
and search "audio optical illusion"

I like a crisp "tick" for clock human synchronization.

I wonder why there has not been more done with military "Have Quick" for time synchronization?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAVE_QUICK
It's been a part of the PLGR and DAGR GPS receivers and I expect also for the military embedded versions for a long time.
https://prc68.com/I/PLGR.shtml#Time
https://prc68.com/I/DAGR.shtml#HQ1PPS
Also things like the O-1814/GRC-206 Reference Frequency Rb Oscillator make us of it.
https://prc68.com/I/O1814.shtml

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
https://www.PRC68.com
axioms:
1. The extent to which you can fix or improve something will be limited by how well you understand how it works.
2. Everybody, with no exceptions, holds false beliefs.