[time-nuts] Re: local WWVB ?

Per Molund pmolund at online.no
Sat Dec 11 14:08:27 UTC 2021

Hi

Unfortunately not all of us are living in part of the world with
reliable reception of xxxx timcode data.
I have been using the "Chronvertor"
<https://unusualelectronics.co.uk/retired-products/chronvertor/> feed by
a cheap GPS board for years to emulate MSF Rugby time signal for a
special receiver. This little board can generate a number of different
timecode signals including WWVB, see the documentation on the web site.

The original Chronvertor have now been replaced by a new board which at
the moment is marked 'out of stock' at the moment, but send a request on
the web site.

Although not part of the question, be very careful of the signal level
you are going to produce on these frequencies. They should not be
detectable outside your premises.

Per

On 11.12.2021 14:13, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Hi
>
> Putting out a signal on a frequency like that is probably not a good
> idea. There *is* risk of it propagating … Better to just let the clocks
> lock to the real thing.
>
> Bob
>
>> On Dec 10, 2021, at 3:54 PM, Lawrence Brandt <lawrence.brandt at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Folks,
>>

>> I always like your discussions! Now I'd like to ask a question.
>>

>> Has anyone designed and/or sold a "WWVB repeater" device? I can picture a
>> Raspberry Pi which had software to get NTP data or GPS-referenced time, and
>> a small 60 kHz transmitter, which would send the proper WWVB timecode data
>> to the several "atomic clocks" I have around the house.
>>

>> If not, I'll look into coding something for the Pi or maybe a M5Stack
>> platform.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>

>> Larry

E-posten er sjekket for virus av AVG.