[time-nuts] Re: What to expect from rubidium lock behavior?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 20:12:54 UTC 2021

Wilco
Great to hear from you. Here is my 10 cents. Most of the things we happen
to find are generally of the telco grade. The FRS as an example is a nicely
built unit that used to be had for as little as $25. I picked a few up.
Well maybe 8. These had all been in service (approx 1994) and so after a
while they tended to suffer the plating out of the RB on the lamp. Ending
the useful life. Thanks to time-nuts its been shown you can melt the RB off
the lamp and you are back in business. For me at least another 5 years. The
better units most likely have better reserve in the lamp. Maybe easier to
repair and be stabilized perhaps a bit better.
I would trust Bob's thoughts, thats why mine is worth 10 cents.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL