[time-nuts] Re: Why do have OCXO a Vref output? (was: help reviving Trimble UCCM-LPS GPSDO)

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sat Dec 25 16:25:25 UTC 2021

Being also a bit of a volt-nut, I played a bit with the Vref output
from some of my OCXO's and must sadly report that they were not
spectacular, seen from a volt-nut perspective.

In at least once case, an admittedly pretty old OCXO design, the
voltage reference was not located in the most well-regulated part
of the oven and the chosen chip had pretty bad tempco at the elevated
temperature.