[time-nuts] Re: Why do have OCXO a Vref output? (was: help reviving Trimble UCCM-LPS GPSDO)

Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 16:30:42 UTC 2021

In the (very) few OCXO circuits I've seen, voltage at both ends of the
tuning varactor are derived from the same internal voltage reference.  So
any drift in this will, partially at least, cancel out.    I too was
surprised to see nothing more than a Zener being used in one case, but
bearing in mind this was in a temperature controlled environment is not as
bad as a Zener in open air

Andy
www.g4jnt.com