[time-nuts] Re: Why do have OCXO a Vref output? (was: help reviving Trimble UCCM-LPS GPSDO)

ed breya eb at telight.com
Sun Dec 26 18:08:10 UTC 2021

I forgot to mention that the TCZD regulators are affected by the power
supply too, depending on the rest of the circuit. I think they typically
had a two-stage deal, with a regular Zener to make a higher voltage, and
provide a fairly stable supply to operate the reference regulator, but
of course, not perfectly. This was in the days of 20-28 V OCXO
operation, where there's plenty of headroom. At lower voltages like 12
and below, this becomes trickier, so some designs may still have used a
TCZD, but only the one stage, and relied on the main supply to be well
regulated.

Ed